Established in 1945, Instytut Spawalnictwa is a leading and key welding research and development organisation in Poland. In its long-standing activity Instytut Spawalnictwa has been solving problems in welding technology, coordinated numerous R&D projects and strengthened close links with the Polish industry and foreign centres. Instytut Spawalnictwa is the only organisation of its type in Poland, has the status of the Centre of Excellence and functions as:
- ANB - Authorised National Body - in European Federation for Welding, Joining and Cutting (EWF) and International Institute of Welding - authorised for qualification of welding personnel,
- ANBCC - Authorised National Body for Company Certification in EWF - authorised for certification of enterprises according to the EN 729/ISO 3834 standards,
- Notified Body in the European Union in the scope of 2014/68/EU Directive (http://ec.europa.eu/growth/tools-databases/nando/index.cfm?fuseaction=country.nb&refe_cd=EPOS_54759).
Organised in 1956, a pilot plant Zaklad Doswiadczalny Instytutu Spawalnictwa (ZDIS), was transformed in 2004 into Zaklad Budowy Urzadzen Spawalniczych (ZBUS) Ltd., which has enabled Instytut Spawalnictwa to conduct research work in a full cycle, i.e. research + development + implementation.
Mission - development of knowledge and know-how in the field of welding technology and assistance provided to industry through the highest quality service related to joining of metals and thermoplastics as well as to thermal cutting and related techniques in order to ensure high quality and competitiveness of welded products in both Polish and foreign markets.
Our certificates and approvals:
Scope of activities: issues concerning processes of joining and cutting of steels, non-ferrous metals and welding of thermoplastics with the use of technologies of welding, brazing and thermal cutting as well as associated technologies.
Areas of activity:
- development and applied research,
- expert opinions, advice,
- transfer of innovation into industry,
- testing for CE and B (national) marking, certification and approvals,
- education and supervision of welding courses in Poland,
- certification of personnel, quality management systems and products,
- qualification of industrial enterprises, supervision of structures manufacture,
- scientific, technical and economic information,
- collaboration with Polish and foreign organisations.
brochure IS - .pdf; 4 245 KB